Schools Are For Fish

Schools Are For Fish
"You can not make a child walk before they are ready. You can not make a child read before they are ready. You can however make a child think they are dumb or learn to hate reading if you push them before they are capable." -Stephanie, Throwing Marshmallows

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Foundation of My Faith

Posted by Picasa

Isn't this a beautiful picture? My Mommy painted it when I was very young and when my sister and brother painted her a new one about 9 years ago, I inherited this one. My husband took the rugged barn wood surrounding it and framed it. This picture always makes my house a home. Whether I just moved into a place, or if I've been there for years, this picture is the first to go up and the last to come down. This picture serves as a reminder of the love God has for me and what was completed on that cross.
The cross is my foundation and it is where I run to when I am scared, tired, or threatened in any way by the Opposer. There is no way he can move me from the base of that cross and the more he tries, the more solid in my faith I get. My picture of the crosses is not only on my wall, but in my heart. It's simple message stresses the fact that my Lord overcame death by remembering the love his Father has for him, and the love he has for his Father. I know that the foundation of the cross is love, and that is untouchable.

No comments: